Monday, June 13, 2011

recently

Well, needless to say, I did not get my act together and enter in spring top last month.  I haven't done very much "interesting" sewing lately - just mending and hemming some old pants into shorts for Shea.  I have some grey striped seer-sucker fabric I found while thrifting which I have some plans for, but you know me - I don't make promises about these things.  We're getting ready to pack up and move in the next couple of weeks, however, so I do have some motivation to get some projects done - I won't have an easily accessible sewing machine after we move for a little while.


Anyway, I have a few pictures to share.  For my soon to be sister-in-law's bridal shower, I made a casserole carrier (love it and want to make one for myself at some point!  First I'm working on one for a friend though).



Here's how it works.  Set dish in middle.

Fold over flap and velcro.


Fold over other flap and velcro.  Easy, insulated and secure!



I also whipped up some tea-towels (or maybe napkins?).  Kitchen linens, at any rate.


No comments: