Friday, June 17, 2011

cross top for boy

I am enjoying being off work, taking trips to the park, going out for coffee, and having time to sew!  I started working on this cross top for an upcoming baby shower, but as I was putting it together, I started realizing that my 0-3 month pattern I based it off of, was starting to look much more like it would fit my 19 month old...and it did!  So, I decided to finish it as is for Shea.  I love the way it turned out!  I used the same pattern I used for the Kimono Sleep Sack, and modified it.  I extended the bodice to make it shirt length, added binding all along the edge and then sewed down the side and front.  The buttons are just to look cute.  



Yes, he had to be bribed with a cookie to sit still.  Just keeping it real.


My favorite part about it is the personalized iron on tag (sorry for the low quality picture, it reads "Shea Micah Ellis With love, from mommy").:

The only funny thing about it is that since it was initially intended for a newborn, I made the hand mitt pockets on the sleeve cuffs...I kind of like the detail on the sleeve though, and I might add a button on each of those and sew it closed.


Who couldn't love this kid??



No comments: