Thursday, August 19, 2010

Messenger Bag - Full Tutorial

Happy Thursday!  It's been a while since I've gotten around to posting any projects.  I completed this bag a couple of weeks ago, but I wanted to put together a tutorial, and that has taken some time!  Hopefully someone out there in internet-land will be able to use it, because I put my time in!   I haven't done much sewing since I completed this bag (although, I have projects piling up on my desk and in my head), just because we've gotten a bit busier than normal.


My husband has been wanting a book bag of some sorts to take with him when he is out studying at coffee shops and meeting with people, so I finally decided to take some fabric I was given and try and concoct some sort-of book carrying device for him.  I (and him, I think) were pretty pleased with the results.



(I even managed to get him to model the bag on his way out one morning)



I have the full tutorial available here in pdf form for your use.  I thought these could also make great back to school gifts, or be sized down a little for a laptop.


In other news, I'm finally getting my haircut tomorrow morning - YAY!

1 comment:

Emily said...

What a great (and manly) bag!